Sunday, June 08, 2008

Classic Rock ...... !!! ( cont)

*)"Don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to"

- Peter Green , "Oh Well"

**) my fav ....

“They say there's a heaven for those who will wait. Some say it's better, but I say it ain't. I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. Sinners are much more fun...”

billy joel (only the good die young)

*) They are sharing a drink called loneliness, but it's better than drinking alone - Billy Joel

*)It's better to burn out than fade away - Kurt Cobain/Neil Young

*) strangers passing in the street,
by chance two separate glances meet
i am you and what i see is me...

echoes by Pink FLOYD

*) Well, I woke up this morning
And I got myself a beer.

The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

----Jim Morrison

*) all the truth in the world adds up to one big lie"
(things have changed - bob dylan)

*) Brilliant Disguise - Bruce Springsteen

So Tell Me What I See
When I Look In Your Eyes
Is That You Baby
Or Just A Brilliant Disguise

*) When A Blind Man Cries - Deep Purple

If you're leaving, close the door.
I'm not expecting people anymore.
Hear me grieving, I'm lying on the floor.
Whether I'm drunk or dead I really aint too sure.
I'm a blind man, I'm a blind man and my world is pale.
When a blind man cries, lord, you know there aint no sadder tale....

*)

battle rages on-deep purple

Was it love or hate that got here first
Hate’s a habit it’s hard to shake the curse
Kill to live and live to die
Human nature you let the strong survive
Oh don’t talk to me of love
Be serious it’s not enough
Annihilation kill them all
Capitulation watch the mighty fall
The road to glory is lined in red
And though the reason now is gone
The battle rages on

*) "Maybe people only ask you how you're doing
'cause that's easier than letting on
how little they care"
- Jackson Browne, "The late show"

*)"Is justice Just Ice?
Governed by greed and lust?
With the strong doing what they do
and the weak suffering what they must?"
- Joni Mitchell , "Sex kills"

*) my fav....

"Everybody knows the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes, Everybody knows"
- Leonard Cohen, "Everybody knows"

*) my fav....

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They dont go to heaven where the angels fly
They go down to the lake of fire and fry
Wont see them again till the fourth of july
I knew a lady who came from duluth
She got bit by a dog with a rabid tooth
She went to her grave just a little too soon
And she flew away howling on the yellow moon
Now the people cry and the people moan
And they look for a dry place to call their home
And try to find some place to rest their bones
While the angels and the devils
Fight to claim them for their own

-Kurt Cobain

*) "Dear God, sorry to disturb you but
I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people you made in your image
See them fighting in the street
'Cause they can't make opinions meet
About God"

- Andy Partridge (XTC), "Dear God"

*) She looked at him and he felt a spark tingle to his bones.
'Twas then he felt alone and wished that he'd gone straight
........
He told himself he didn't care, pushed the window open wide,
Felt an emptiness inside to which he just could not relate
........
Maybe she'll pick him out again, how long must he wait
Once more for a simple twist of fate.

- Bob Dylan (Simple Twist of Fate)

*)
I kept the right ones out
And let the wrong ones in
Had an angel of mercy to see me through all my sins
There were times in my life
When I was goin' insane
Tryin to walk through
The pain
When I lost my grip
And I hit the floor
Yeah, I thought I could leave, but couldn't get out
the door
I was so sick and tired
Of livin' a lie
I was wishin that I
Would die


Amazing - Aerosmith









No comments: