Sunday, June 08, 2008

Classic Rock ..... !!!

Let there be light and there was light, let there be guitars and there were guitars, let there be drums and there were drums and let there be sound and there was sound.
"Oh, let there be rock!"
It was now time for the Gods to sing.

Music has an influence on all. And some of the most influential band and artists of all times chose the " Rock " style to do so.
Here are few lines from some of there best compositions.
( one liners / paraz )


*) Nobody gonna take my car
Im gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
Its gonna break the speed of sound
Oooh its a killing machine
Its got everything
Like a driving power big fat tyres
And everything

I love it and I need it
I bleed it yeah its a wild hurricane
Alright hold tight
Im a highway star

*) "My hands are tied, my body bruised...she got me with nothing to win and nothing left to loose." - U2

*) We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl,
year after year,
running over the same old ground. What have we found?
The same old fears.... : Pink Floyd

*) "you live you learn
you love you learn
you cry you learn
you lose you learn
you bleed you learn
you scream you learn

you grieve you learn
you choke you learn
you laugh you learn
you choose you learn
you pray you learn
you ask you learn
you live you learn"

(alanis morissette - you learn

*) "You may say i'm a dreamer but i'm not the only one": Lennon (imagine)

*) "I know I didn't need to, but I just said...
THAT MY GOD WOKE UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF HIS BED..
and it just don't matter now..."

--Little by Little, OASIS.

*) The stones- Paint it black

With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens evry day

Though I like the spun version floating arround the net,

With crosses and my love never to turn back,
Most people turn their heads and quickly look away,
Like a stillborn baby their all dead anyway

*) I was spending my time in the doldrums
I was caught in a cauldron of hate
I felt persecuted and paralysed
I thought that everything else would just wait

While you are wasting your time on your enemies
Engulfed in a fever of spite
Beyond your tunnel vision reality fades
Like shadows into the night

To martyr yourself to caution
Is not going to help at all
because ther'll be no safety in numbers
When the right one walks out of the door

Can you see your days blighted by darkness?
Is it true you beat your fists on the floor?
Stuck in a world of isolation
While the ivy grows over the door

So I open my door to my enemies
And I ask could we wipe the slate clean
But they tell me to please go fuck myself
You know you just can't win


---Lost for Words - Pink Floyd






1 comment:

Ronit Bhattacharjee said...

Awesome songs man... Pink Floyd Songs have a deep meaning anyways..