Thursday, August 14, 2008

Have mercy on me ... dear Router !!!!!


My router has nasty sleeping habit. It stops working whenever it wants to, works whenever it wants to. It has mind of it's own ( i wonder ... that is the effect of the Terminator series ).

What irritates me the most is the frequent toggling between its sleep and wake modes. And this happens when i am doing something really important on the net.

Yesterday was one of those that when my router was at its best "worst" behavior. I was cussing it like anything. I restarted it many times, but that didnt help at all.
Well ... i had other ways !!!! it kicked it, slapped it ... and waaallllaaaaahhhhh it stared working.

But what i didnt realize was after all that thrashing, it just had to do something to annoy me even more.
So the time came ..... i was filling up my UK visa forms. Just when i completed it and i was about to make the payment ( and to save the form ) that F********* router stopped working. And for 10 min it remained that way.

As a result all my forms got erased and the UK Visa server logged me out. And above all that my forms we not saved. .... i was so pissed that i felt like ripping it ( router ) apart.
But thats the only router i have .....



So moral of the story is ...... Never ever beat up your router !!!!! ( @least i wont do it )

1 comment:

Ronit Bhattacharjee said...

dude.. which rputer n which model? have u tried upgrading the firmware?